Book (in English only)
- Introduction to Japanese Household Surveys Springer:Tokyo (2018) (ISBN 978-981-10-7680-0)
Papers in Refereed Journal (in English only)
- "Abenomics, the Housing Market, and Consumption" (with Joshua K. Hausman and Johannes F. Wieland) Keizai Bunseki, vol. 200, pp.37-62. (2019)
- "Estimating the Impacts of Program Benefits: Using Instrumental Variables with Underreported and Imputed Data " (with Melvin Stephens, Jr.) Review of Economics and Statistics, vol. 101(3), pp.468-475. (2019) (See also NBER WP 21248)
- "Measuring Intertemporal Substitution in Consumption: Evidence from a VAT Increase in Japan" (with David Cashin) Review of Economics and Statistics, vol. 98, pp. 285-297. (2016)
- "The wealthy hand to mouth in Japan" (with Ryota Hara and Justin Weidner) Economic Letters, vol. 141, pp. 52-54. (2016)
- "Child Benefit Payments and Household Wealth Accumulation" (with Melvin Stephens, Jr.) Japanese Economic Review, vol. 66, pp. 447-465. (2015)
- "The Impact of Retirement on Household Consumption in Japan" (with Melvin Stephens Jr.) Journal of Japanese and International Economies, vol. 26, pp. 62-83. (2012).
- "The Consumption Response to Seasonal Income: Evidence from Japanese Public Pension Benefits," (with Melvin Stephens Jr.) American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, vol. 3, pp. 86-118. (2011) (See also NBER WP 16342).
- "The Demand System and the Substitution Bias in the CPI: Evidence from the Japanese Household Survey Data," Applied Economics, vol. 40, pp. 1795-1806. (2008).
- "The Engel Curve for Alcohol and the Rank of Demand Systems," Journal of Applied Econometrics, vol. 21. pp.1019-1038. (2006)
- "Upward Bias in the Consumer Price Index Under the Zero Inflation Economy," Economics Letters, vol. 85, pp. 139-+24. (2004)
- "Product Variety and Real Exchange Rates: The Balassa-Samuelson Model Reconsidered,"Journal of Economics, vol. 79, pp. 41-60. (2003)