- 16.Dec.2010"Pension Record-keeping Problems in Japan "(128KB)
- 15.May.2009 "On Fifty Million Floating Pension Records in Japan "(82KB)
- 04.Aug.2008 "Pension Coverage in Japan"(113KB)
- 28.May.2004 "A Balance Sheet Approach to Reforming Social Security Pensions in Japan" (text (37KB) / figures(22KB) / presentation sheets(83KB))
presented at Joint PBC-IMF Seminar on China's Monetary Policy Transimission Mechanism, Beijing, April 12-13 May, 2004
- 25.Nov.2003 "The Japanese Public Pension System: What Went Wrong and What Reform Measures We Have" (text (107KB) / figures(31KB) / presentation sheets(77KB))
a paper presented at the international conference on Japan and Italy: Economic Performances and Policies Compared, Bocconi University, Milano, 9-10 October 2003.
- 25.Nov.2003 "A Balance Sheet Approach to Reforming Social Security Pensions in Japan: Is NDC the Answer?" (text (38KB) / figures(45KB) / presentation sheets(76KB))
a paper presented at World Bank & RFV Conference on NDC Pension Schemes, Sandhamn, Sweden, 29-30 September, 2003.
- 25.Nov.2003 "Pension Reform of PRC: Incentives, Governance and Policy Options" (text (77KB) / figures(84KB) / presentation sheets(239KB))
a paper presented at the ADB Institute 5th Anniversary Conference on Challenges and New Agenda for PRC, 5-6 December 2002.
- 18.Jan.2002 "An Evaluation of Korean National Pension Scheme with a Special Reference to Japanese Experience"
(62.6KB) a paper submitted to the Proceedings of the International Symposium for Sharing Productive Welfare Experience, under the auspices of the Ministry of Health and Welfare of Korea and the World Bank, held at Seoul, September 2001.
- 05.Jun.2002 "Never-ending Reforms of Social Security in Japan"
(text (47KB) / figures(74KB)
International Social Security Review 2002.
- 05.Jun.2002 "Taste of Pie: What Matter in Japanese Public Pensions?"
(40.9KB) a paper submitted to the Global Horizons Seminar on Pensions and Lifetime Savings, held at House Ways and Means Committe Room, Capitol Hill, Washington DC, 24 May 2002, sponsored by the Heritage Foundation and the Smith Institute.
- 07.Nov.2001 "The Keynote Address : Reform of Public and Private Pensions in Japan "
(108KB) the keynote address presented at the 9th annual colloquium of superannuation reserchers on reform of superannuation and pensions, the Univ. of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, July 2001.
- 01.Nov.2001 "Pension Reform in Japan at the Turn of the Century"
(133KB) Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance, October 2001.
- 07.Mar.2001 "Japanese Social Security Pensions in the Twenty-first Century"
(199KB) presented at the international seminar on pensions held at Hitotsubashi University, Tokyo, 5-7 March 2001.
- 31.Mar.2000 "The Outline of the 1999 Pension Reform Bill in Japan"
(25.8KB) a paper explaining the essence of the new bill submitted to Parliament in July 1999 and approved by it in March 2000.
- 31.Mar.2000 "An Outline of the Defined-contribution Pension Plan - Japan's Version of the 401(k) Plan -"
(14.2KB) a paper explaining the essence of the new bill to be submitted to Parliament in fall, 2000. JETRO Investment News, No. 21, March 2000
- 03.Sep.1999 "Demographic Changes, Economic Downturn and the Pension Reform Debate in Japan"
(67.1KB) a paper presented at the SPRC workshop on Social Security in the Context of Social Development in East and Southeast Asia, Social Policy Research Center, University of New South Wales, Sydney, September 2-3, 1999.
- 27.Jun.1999 "Financing Retirement in Aging Societies: The Japanese Case"
(74.6KB) a paper submitted to the Symposium on Building the Financial System of the 21st Century: An Agenda for Japan & the United States, Kyoto, June 25-27, 1999: program on international financial systems, Harvard Law School and Japan Institute of International Affairs.
- 31.Oct.1998 " Financial Balancing between Work and Retirement in Aging Populations : The Japan Case"
(41.8KB) a paper presented at the INED conference commemorating Sauvy's 100th Anniversary, Paris, October, 1998.
- 20.Dec.1997 "SUMMARY COMMENTS BY RAPPORTEUR"
(35.8KB) a paper stated at ILO-OECD workshop on Development and Reform of Pension Schemes, Paris, December, 1997.